gate gate
Hungarian Cultural Center Of Northeastern Ohio Formally: St. Stephen's Dramatic Club (1904-2001) & Geauga Magyar Club (1975-2001) 12027 Abbott Road - Hiram OH 44234
330-274-2786

January 2011
Under the U.S. State Department's International Visitor Leadership Program (http://exchanges.state.gov/education/ivp/overview.html), Ms. Katalin Csobor, a Member of Parliament, Young Democrats (Fidesz) Party from Hungary was invited to spend three weeks in the United States. One of her stops was here in the Cleveland and Akron areas. Three of our club members, Kathy Allen, Rose Onders and Lajos Verhas (who also acted as the interpretor for the day), chaperoned Ms Csobor around Cleveland. They visited Buckeye Road area with a stop at St Elizabeth of Hungary Church, the oldest Hungarian Catholic church in the United States. From there they went to Shaker Heights and had a nice lunch at the Balaton Restaurant after which they headed to downtown Cleveland. While in downtown Cleveland they visited Cleveland's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and saw many sites, including Edgewater Park, Progress Field and The Browns Stadium. Along with many meetings, Ms.Csobor also met with The Hungarian Development Panel. She also had a chance to meet Cleveland Hungarian-Americans at a reception given by Cleveland Hungarian Heritage Society in her honor at The Hungarian Heritage Museum in The Galleria Cleveland.

Below are pictures are from Csorbor Katalin

by Elizabeth Gulyas-Lewis

photog

Kathy, Lajos, Kati, and Rose

photog

Rose, Kathy, Lajos and Kati


photog

Kathy, Kati, Lajos and Rose


photog

Kathy, Kati, Rose and Lajos